4.1.04

dear loyal readers (all two of you...or as i learned today, three of you)...
i may be two-timing you. well, as loyal readers, you know that, but i might as well out myself to everyone else.

really, my life doesn't revolve around duct tape...i have another job as well. i do display work for a national chain that sells high end womens apparel and home goods...that's just the entree to this little ditty about my cute parents.

today i received a phone message from my mommykins. you see, recently one of the stores i work for opened in my hometown, really close to my house...so my cute parents have been about a bazillion times to check it out. i was excited to receive a message from the mommykins today. she was explaining that the store has a new window display, and she was explaining to me all the details. i think this is cute and heartwarming and adorable for a few reasons.

1. i like the fact that they notice, and then tell me. it makes me feel loved.
2. it's cute that they give me all the details of what it looks like, since, i know what it looks like because a)i did the same thing and b) i got the exact same directions so i know what it looks like (or as much as they can describe over the phone.
3. i like the fact that it's like leaving a little piece of me at home, so the can sort of check in on me (by checking the store displays) and get a general sense of what i am up to. i think that's nice. and i think it's equally serendipitous that my mom is returning the favor by opening bank of america spots in new haven.

cheers!
my cutie parents are great!

No comments: