15.12.04

so much to say. so little time, and so little privacy from the library. this library is the new haven free public library, and i think this is the most time i have ever spent in it in my six years living in this city (except for artspot! and a duct tape workshop). blah blah blah.

i managed (with the help of the nice people at enterprise and having rental on my auto policy) to get myself back to new haven, the grand (and freeeezing cold) elm city just in time to dive into vanessa jean for the christmas season. it felt so so so so so good to be working with my hands again. so good. it was just like riding a bike (ha!) how it all came back to me so fast. tearing tape, laying tape, using my tools, how i missed it all! i even liked the fact that my back hurt the same way at the end of the day. it's so funny how it's so half-familiar working in a new space that isn't that new. i'm at lanna's new house (she's the old 785 roomie) and working on the same sofa i used to, with the same pillows, just in a new space. my rug on the floor, so familiar, but not the same. the best was when the phone rang (i didn't answer it because i am afraid of phones) and the answering machine picked up with my voice and our old message from our old house. a bizarre throwback indeed! (i changed it for them, so now people don't think they are crazy when the answering machine says a different number than what they dialed. enough).

working feels good, as does seeing old friends. just lounging and eating and talking about the craziness of the last 6 months. wow. it feels so good to be back in with the psych kids, and lunch with steve, and ally's new apartment, and peek peek and suzanne. cheers to wonderful people and how they make life what it is (which is good).

oatmeal (even maple oatmeal) is icky without added sugar. i'm going to force myself to like soy yogurt (cultured soy product!) because it doesn't upset my stomach like dairy yogurt. last night i had the most deliciously brilliant avocado for dinner (and i get to enjoy it again tonight!). one day my life will include laquered plywood floors (no joke), and a balcony with lots of plants in the summer and cozy chairs with warm blankets for watching stars on cold, clear nights. reading books is fun again, and that makes me relaxed just to think about.

if you're reading this before 12/19, it's not too late to order from vanessa jean for holiday delivery (aka christmas), in fact...it's welcomed!

so much to look forward to this week, next week and for the rest of my life. this week is so full of seeing friends and happily working and relaxing. maybe some car searching this weekend. definately moving and packing up my life from the 4 locations in and around new haven where it has been stored for the past 6 months. i'm so excited! (downsizing is fun!). then to charlotte where i get to fix my bike (bike destruction has the benefit of bike reconstruction and all the greasy dirtyness involved in learning more about bikes and how to fix/build them). and green pants will be in charlotte for new years, and who can believe it's almost 2005 already? holy snap.

well, it feels just like the old days...i spend all day alone working and then ramble myself hoarse (ha!) to my imaginary online friends. time to get back to work, yeee haw!

cheers

No comments: