11.1.05

it's always nice to realize things. (how's that for a generic introduction?) i have, more than once, second guessed my move to portland. it's the first time i've ever had the marvelous opportunity to move absolutely where ever i want to, so it's nice to go back and read this old bike the vote posts from september 17 and realize that i should always just go with my gut...

"Monday lunch-time we all started to head our own ways as Chris and Jessie headed up to Seattle. Wednesday Ally and Steve headed for San Fran. I’ve been kickin’ it in Portland and if I didn’t have other places to be, I would definately stay here…at least through the election, but probably for a long time after that too."

at that timei had plans for october and november, and glad i remained in portland to work on the campaign. i was also sure i'd still just head back to new haven when all was said and done, and i'm glad i opened myself up to the opportunity of trying something new and living in a different place. wow, sometimes i am just in awe of the completely unexpected places life takes us.

No comments: