22.8.09

day 3: dog is my co-pilot (she sat on my previous co-pilot, we re-arranged).
miles: lots
gas mileage: magically improved from days 1 & 2.
states: Utah and almost all of colorado.
thoughts: colorado is really wide. I think Colorado and I still have a challenged relationaship.
music: shuffle, npr, quiet.
things: delicious farmers' market peaches and nectarines. big mountains and big clouds. a dog with a runny nose. sending the first postcards. did I mention colorado is big? driving on winding, steep roads is exhausting. people who drive in Colorado drive fast...and like to tailgate.
destination: best western, stratton, co (almost Kansas, but it was too dark and fierce was panting a lot!). there is a tv here, and hence I am up past bedtime. turns out both human and dog feel safer while camping.
weirdness: as I was grabbing my goods out of the car at the motel, a young/college age girl stopped me and said, "um, I'm really forgetful...can you tell me what year it is?" her tone was so genuine...I'm still figuring out what to think of it.

No comments: