23.8.09

day 5: ready to be somewhere.
music: gayatri mantra, random npr and local public radio. shuffle (which brought up a 1-2-3 punch of chris pureka, dixie chicks and indigo girls that made me
cry!) quiet & rain.
coffee. i had to.
things: an adorable older farmer gentleman wearing a black and white flannel shirt and black jeans, riding a very nice road bike on the frontage road next to the freeway at 7 in the morning? exercise? farm chores? running errands? I don't know which, but it was such a lovely juxtaposition that I've been thinking of it all day. also, dreamy vintage tractors, each being hauled behind a pick-up truck, each truck being driven by an older farming looking gentleman. did they know, could they assume that little old me was drooling over and covering their shiny old tractors? fierce gave up and actually sat down in the car, pulling her head inside the window as it started to rain. she had stood up with het head out the winiw about 97% of the drive.
states: il, in, ky, tn, nc
status: exhausted.
I'm all cozied up in a real bed, showered and fed (sushi!) and caught up with the folks. people here have for real air conditioning in their homes, weird. fierce is having a slumber party with her new bff, miss peach, in the laundry room...and I get to sleep in tomorrow morning because my parent will let the dog out, phew!

No comments: