12.3.03

i'm still thanking b.p. and wbez and ira glass and everyone for this american life and the years of archived shows available online. these audio segments brighten my days tremendously...and i can't remember what pre-tal life was like...too much top 20!...it almost makes me sick to think about it.
yesterday was a particularly long day at the computer, typing press releases to send out to tv shows (remember my promise? you = hero if you put me in touch with anyone who wants to give vanessa jean * duct tape design some good press!). anyhow, i nearly finished clearing through the entire 'staff favorites' list, including: prey, simulated words, fiasco, conventions, primary, monogamy, guns, jobs that take over your life, media fringe, who's canadian?, and mapping. you do the math, each show is 59 minutes long. act 2 of the mapping episode, "Jack Hitt visits Toby Lester, who has mapped all the ambient sounds in his world: the hum of the heater, the fan on the computer." since hearing this piece, around roughly 9.30 last night, i have done nothing excpet pick out the ambient sounds around me, and wonder if they are manipulating my moods. that, and all my thoughts unfold in the same narrative style of each this america life story. oh yay.

No comments: